ಫೆಬ್ರವರಿ 5, 2015

She’s The One!


I have watched American TV Show, How I Met Your Mother two times (all 9 seasons i.e, 209 episodes), so I consider myself a fan of that show :) Recently I got a call for a job vacancy from a private company for the post of ‘Content Writer’. They have asked me to to write a brief note about any question among 5 and requested me to reply with a answer in 30 minutes. I agreed and opened my mail to check the attachment.
The question was:

Please write an essay (in your own words) within 250-300 words on any 1 of the below topics.

1)    An encounter that changed your life

2)    Your memorable journey

3)    A trip that you would like to take

4)    A day when everything went right (or wrong)

5)    Your first day at a new school or college


I picked the first question as I found it easy. Initially nothing came up to my mind to answer the question. Then I started wondering, which day in a normal guy’s life is unforgettable? Is it his first graduation day? Is it the day he made their parents proud? Is is the day proposes his longtime crush? Is it the day he holds his baby in hand? I was confused. I couldn’t write anything. Then I thought to make two people meet in a story. Of course, the narration is inspired from ‘How I Met Your Mother’, but I thought to keep the story as far as possible from the TV show I love. So, here it is, the story entitled, She’s The One! Read it and post your comments.

An encounter that changed my life

Josh Radnor and Cristin Milioti in How I Met Your Mother

It was just another day. The sun was same, the hostel was same, the people were same, but something in my mind was telling me that I should stop all the nonsense things I was doing at my college like, trying to get a junior girls’ phone number, following them near canteen etc. The voice in my head said something is going to change me, and it was true. That’s the day I met her. When I was walking on the corridors of the college, I noticed a broken piece paper. It was something related to a talent hunt event organized in my college by few of my seniors. I found that piece of paper on the last day of enrolling to that competition.  I thought to call that number and enroll my name. I noticed there were only 8 digits as the paper was torn into pieces and I started to think and using permutation and combinations to predict the last two digits. And I get to talk with the coordinator on my 23rd call. I called him and enrolled my name. He said the event is starting in another 10 minutes. So, I rushed towards other end of 70 acre campus. Believe me, you shouldn’t try it. I was surprised to see huge audience. Suddenly, I felt like I need water more than anything else.  However, I managed to walk across the hall and reached the stage and met the coordinators. 

The event's name was ‘Supriiiize’. They had many number of contestants and among them only 20 were picked and paired randomly. I was paired with a girl named “Spoorthi’. She was the most beautiful girl I ever seen. “Don’t start your drama, be a gentleman”, I said to myself. The event had 7 rounds which reminded me on ‘Saptapadi’ for a marriage. I slapped myself for my stupid thought. She was terrified and was in utter tension as the prize money was Rs. 20,000. You can’t give away Rs. 20,000 if you’re a student. She knew that, so she was waiting eagerly to win the competition. “Forget the cash prize. I don’t know if you believe in destiny. But if this is happening at this moment, it surely has a impact on your life. Play by your heart and don’t focus on Scoreboard. Trust me, we will win it”, I said these words to calm her. She nodded to my words. We played well and on round 7, we lost the competition and it was end of the day. But that’s not the end of my story with her. It was beginning of something more beautiful and pleasant part of my life just like her.

1 ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್‌: